Sunday, December 28, 2008

We just got back this afternoon from four days/three nights in North Carolina visiting my Grangran and Grandaddy. But it wasn't just a relaxing visit. There were 35 of us, playing, talking, eating, drinking, and loving eachother. It was amazing. It was amazing to watch my 2 year old son play with his cousins (actually my own cousin's children) that he's only seen a handful of times. What's even more amazing is watching my grandparents meet and hold their great granddaughter for the first time. It's moments like that I wish would last forever!

On Christmas eve morning I photographed this precious set of identical twin girls. I was super psyched for this one and up to the challenge. And a challenge it was. Hands down the most difficult session EVER. Just when I'm starting to feel comfortable photographing newborns with a few tricks up my sleeve (the heating pad, white noise machine...etc...) twins come and totally throw me off my game! When one was sleeping the other was awake, and so on and so forth. But just having had a daughter almost 8 weeks ago myself, and being so totally in love with one little baby, I can just imagine how absolutely overwhelmed with love that their parents feel having brought 2 little ones home. They were 8 weeks old, but being that they were born at 30 weeks, they technically shouldn't have had their first Christmas till next year. Crazy huh?!? Well it wasn't till the very end of the session that both girls were tuckered out and decided throw in the towel.

A definite out take. This cracks me up! 8 weeks old and already they're jockeying for the front of the line!
dawnblog2

Wide awake I tell ya!
dawnblog3

dawnblog4

Starting to get sleepy!
dawnblog7c

night night!
dawnblog6

Visions of sugar plums dance in their heads!
dawnblog5

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: