Saturday, October 4, 2008

I've really been looking forward to this session!! The family actually won the session at the Rainbow Montessori end of the year picnic back in May. You know the mom is super cool when she plays "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys to loosen up the kids, and in the interim the family's ipod played music that went from The Gypsy Kings to the Velvet Underground.

Now if this was the only shot I got from the whole session I would've been happy!
frost1

As much as I love photographing children, I have a new found love for 6 year olds. This is "A"! She's adorable, sweet, and LOVES to be in front of the camera! What more could I ask for??!!
frost2

frost4

frost8

frost9bw

frost7bw

and to top if all off....they LOVE Halloween!

frost5

2 comments:

Mack and Louise said...

That's crazy Court! The pictures are gorgeous(as always!) but my favorite has to be the one of 'A' and mom reading together!!!! Was that a readingatoz book I saw????!!!!!

Jennifer Warthan said...

I found your site through Miz Boo and I am SO GLAD I did.

I have been wrestling with myself all week - ever since a friend asked me to shoot a wedding reception... at night... with a flash. I hated it so much I was almost in tears. 'Cause you see, around here the only "serious" photographers are wedding photographers. But it just isn't for me.

The other thing is that I have been pondering the need for a studio. I don't want one. But - here again - I want to be taken seriously.

Thank you THANK YOU, for showing me that I can follow my heart and do what I love (and feel natural doing) and that is shooting ON LOCATION in NATURAL LIGHT.

And um... sorry I just vomited up my soul on your blog. I'll be getting a mop now.