Saturday, April 5, 2008

Out of Towners.......&.....The Heart Gallery

There's a great feeling of satisfaction when a family comes in from San Francisco and the mommy makes it a priority to have her 6 month old adorable baby girl photographed by me! Wow!! Especially when some of my FAVORITE photographers ever are in California!

janice-141-Edit

janice-186

janice-228

janice-294-Edit

janice-344-Edit

janice-406

______________________________________________________________________

A few months ago I was asked to be a part of the Heart Gallery. The Heart Gallery is a traveling exhibit of portraits of children in the foster care program, taken by volunteer professional photographers. The exhibit travels to different locales within the county to help bring awareness to children in need of families. The exhibit opens tonight at the Ft. Lauderdale Art Museum, and then will be on display starting Monday at the Galleria Mall. Albeit, the Heart Gallery will only be displayed at the Museum for the weekend but I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have my work displayed at any museum even if it's only for 5 minutes! But in the meantime, the Heart Gallery has completely updated its website with the new photo galleries. The Heart Gallery is such a worthy cause! I'm so thrilled to be a part of it! So go and check out the website. See if you can pick out which three photographs I took!!

www.heartgalleryofbroward.org

No comments: